Monday, April 1, 2013

Halfway Through

Hello All,

We have just finished up the midway point of our season this past week. Our week started out by playing a conference game on Wednesday at home. I thought we were ready for the game based on our practice the day before. We didn't win the game but we did have one of our freshman pitchers go all seven innings. I know to a lot of coaches that is probably not a big deal. However, we finally saw her gain some confidence and fight through some of the harder innings that she may have had before.
We left on March 22 and headed down to Georgia to play some games. We were hoping it would be nice weather but we ended up having rain delays on both days. We played better on Saturday than we did on Sunday. Sometimes I wish I could explain why we play the way we do sometimes. I have seen us make some great plays and then other times I am shaking my head wondering what in the world has just happened. After a rain delay on Sunday, the doubleheader ended with warm weather and 2 losses. On our way home, we encountered snow.
The weather has been like our playing. Some days it looks like sunshine and everything is going well and other games it looks like snow and everything piles up at once. However, we can't control the weather and we can control how we play. I know we have a young team and sometimes I do believe we have to fall apart so better things can fall together.
Until next time. . . . . . . GO SQUIRRELS!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment